When browsing through catalogs, are you often in awe of the creative vignettes that showcase the product so effortlessly? Do you wish your front entry could be picture perfect, warm and welcoming. Do you hope that your fireplace mantle be the show stopping masterpiece of your family room? Do you try, in vain, to come up with brilliant and unique ways to display absolutely all your accessories perfectly?
Who is up for a challenge?!
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then let’s kill ’em with kindness. Find your favorite furniture or accessories catalog (ahem…Pottery Barn for me) and choose a ‘showcase’ picture. A table scape, a dining room hutch, a master bedroom headboard, what ever floats your boat. Then try to recreate it for a fraction of the price. Need an example, check out this creepy, cozy set-up:
Let’s get a run down of the cost for this little set-up, shall we? (From left to right)
- Metal-Clad Pillar Holder (Small) – $39.00
- PB Pillar Candle (3×6) – $6.00
- Voluminous Glass Canister (Medium) – $59.00
- Spiders (Set of 6, Large) – $29.00
- Spiders (Set of 6, Medium) – $24.00
- Voluminous Glass Canister (Small) – $54.00
- Chalkboard Pebbles – $16.00
- Metal-Clad Pillar Holder (Large) – $79.00
- PB Pillar Candle (4×8) – $19.00
- Metal-Clad Pillar Holder (Medium) – $59.00
- Voluminous Glass Vase (Medium) – $39.00
- PB Hand Dipped Tapers – $10.00
And that brings our grand table top total to: $433.00 Can you believe it? It is really beautiful, and spooky at the same time. Do you think you could make it for $40…or really challenge yourself and do it for $20? Send me your before and after pictures and share your inspirations. If you need a kick getting your creative juices flowing, here are some more pics to browse.
The last shot is one the ideas that is inspiring me, and I can’t wait to start! October is really here, so Halloween can officially begin.