It’s hard to believe that one of the smallest rooms in the house still isn’t finished, but it’s true. I did manage to get the desk top upstairs and in place. I wanted to make sure it actually fit. After staring at my fabric cover in purple, green and grey floral I decided it was too many colors. Small room, stick with a simple color palette.
So I found a different upholstery fabric at Hancock on sale and bought just enough to cover the top. Not sure if I explained before that my easy solution was to use the trusty staple-gun to simply attached the fabric on each side.
However, if I take a little bit longer to hem the edges, and attach with pieces of velcro, I will have the ability to remove the cover and wash it. Plus, I’m hoping it will be less wear on the table top, should it need to find a new home.
Look Ma, I’m using my Bernina!